OPSC Recruitment 2020 (210 New vacancy) : Click Here to Download official PDF
Indian Postal Service has launched a new scheme for all Indians, namely the Indian Postal Franchise Scheme.
The postal department is tasked with providing access to basic mail Facilities throughout the country. Although India has the largest postal network in the world, with about 1.55 lakhs post offices, the demand for posts remains Offices. To meet such demand effectively, the Department of Posts provides
Postal services through the franchise scheme.
Under this scheme, anyone above the age of 18 years can apply to start work in the post office franchise in their village or city. If a member of your family works in the Indian postal department, then you cannot apply for this scheme. If you have minimum 8th pass then you may be eligible for this Scheme.
Who can Apply :
All India Candidates (Both male & female)
Apply Mode :
Application Fee :
No payment required at the time of application
Age Limit :
Minimum 18 yrs. No upper age limit
Job Location :
Where you want to open a franchise (Village, City, Town)
Type of Franchise work :
(I) Counter services through Franchise Outlets in areas where there is demand
for postal services, but a post office cannot be opened.
(II) Sale of postal stamps and stationery through Postal Agents in urban and
Educational Qualification :
|Franchise Outlets||Minimum 8th pass or above|
|Postal Agents||No prescribed educational qualification|
What kind of Work to do through Franchise Outlets ?
- Sales of Stamps and Stationery
- Booking registered articles
- speed post articles
- Postal Life Insurance
- money orders (on EDBO model)
- e-post and etc
What kind of work to do through Postal Agent ?
- Sale of postal stamps and stationery
|Booking of Registered Articles||Rs.3.00|
|Booking of Speed Post Articles||Rs.5.00|
|Booking of Money Orders: (i) with value of Rs.100/- to Rs.200/- |
(ii) with value above Rs.200/-
Provided Franchise Agents will not book any
money order for a value less than Rs.100/-
|Booking of Registered Articles and Speed|
Post Articles beyond 1000 articles (total of
all two categories) per month.
|20% additional commission|
for respective articles i.e.
Registered or Speed Post.
|Sale of postage stamps and postal|
stationery (including philatelic items) and
money order forms
|5% of sale amount|
|Retail Services including sale of revenue|
stamps, central recruitment fee stamp, etc
|40% of commission earned|
by DoP (rounded off in rupees
to be 4% or less)
How to Apply :
- Interested and eligible candidates download the official notification and read before applying.
- Print the application page you want to apply.
- Fill out the complete application by mentioning your personal details.
- Attach photo copy of ID proof, age proof, educational qualification and etc in your application.
- Now, Candidates have to submit the application in the prescribed format to the nearest post office.
Selection Procedure :
- The selection process will be done by the concerned Division Head on the basis of a report / statement from ASP / SDL within 14 days from the date of receipt of the application.
- After completing all these formalities you can become a franchise.